Pages

Wednesday 17 January 2018

Book Review - How to Boss a Billionaire by Talia Hunter

Title : How to Boss a Billionaire
Author : Talia Hunter
Series : Rich List #2
Genre : Contemporary, Romantic Comedy
Source : Purchased on Amazon

Blurb :

It’s not profitable being Sydney’s most hated man, and construction boss Damien Courtney has to improve his image. Taking part in a charity auction might help with that… but being won by a pink-haired sex store owner isn’t what he had in mind.

Geena Dennis puts her whole future at risk when she wins straight-edged Damien in an auction she’s not even supposed to be at. It’s an impulsive move, but she needs him to help save her sex store, The Gee Spot. The absolute last thing she needs is to fall for him.

How To Boss A Billionaire is part of the Rich List contemporary romance series and has an HEA with no cliffhangers. If you like red hot sex scenes, electric chemistry, airtight writing, and laugh-out-loud humor, then you’ll love this bright new voice in the romance genre.


My Musings :

When I saw this book for the first time, I wasn't keen on it because of the book cover actually. I kind of expected a sexy book which wouldn't have much in terms of story or emotions. But wow, was I wrong! The blurb was what sold me on the book and I am very happy that this was my first read of 2018.

The author is new to me so I started reading with lots of anticipation and nervous expectation. Now I am wondering how did I miss such an author. I absolutely loved the story! The romance angle between a billionaire and a sex shop owner has depth to it. My emotions were ensnared by midway of the tale. The writing had me enjoying the interaction between Geena and Damien. Their interplay and the way they respond to the present because of their pasts had me feeling happy and sad in turns.

The author has a style of immersing the reader easily into the lives of the protagonists and I just went along for the ride with the laugh out loud moments and the smiling gently scenes and the eyes' blinking back tears emotions. I just couldn't get enough of it all!

Geena and Damien were no less delightful with their strengths. They were both detailed and well thought out in their characters. Since the spotlight was on them from the beginning, I didn't get a good picture of the side characters. I was too engrossed in the lead characters. And when it came to the romance part, it was hot and tender at the same time.

All in all, I found a new romance author to add to my watch list. There are very few authors who can do the Billionaire scene well and keep it fresh.

My one line review : A funny and hot romance between an unlikely pair.

My rating : 5/5

My reread factor : 4/5

Floryie

No comments:

Post a Comment