Pages

Tuesday 13 February 2018

Book Musings - His Christmas Miracle by Summerita Rhayne

Title : His Christmas Miracle
Author : Summerita Rhayne
Genre : Contemporary Romance
Source : ARC from the author

Blurb :

Kyle Masson's marriage has been a sham. Now after two years of apparent happiness, all he's left with, is a surrogate mother, pregnant with his child. Determined to at least be a proper father, he is ready to care for her throughout her pregnancy. But his experience has left him suspicious. Duped by one woman, he's determined not to let Chrissie out of his sight. So, when she plans a trip to India without his knowledge, Kyle follows hot on her heels.
Chrissie feels oppressed by her situation. Kyle's heavy-handed tactics are driving her mad and to complicate matters even further, she's seriously attracted to him. Surely she can't be drawn to a man this bossy? And then as she gets to know him, an insidious, impossible dream begins. That her baby should have both parents.
As compelling attraction drives them together, that wistful yearning appears to take on a hazy form.
But Chrissie knows her dreams are poised to be shattered. For she is bound to be only a surrogate, never a real mum.

His Christmas Miracle is a sensual, but tender romance set in beachside Goa at coastal India.
Also read His Christmas Delight and His Christmas Surprise.


My Musings :

I have read the author's works previously. So I was eager to see how the author has dealt with the subject of surrogacy in her romance. From the get-go, the writing is such that it evoked strong feelings and emotions in me. Read on as I explain my thoughts on the story!

The story started off with a strong scene of Kyle's wife's duplicity and as if that wasn't interesting enough to catch my attention, the author followed it with a twist ,working in the surrogacy as part of the plot. Boy does the author know how to keep a reader's attention! From a strong beginning the story evolved into a sturdy middle portion of the tale being set in India.

I loved reading about India from a foreigner's point of view. It was fun and had me appreciating stuff which I wouldn't usually as a native. And in addition to that, the story was intriguing with the constant tug of war between Kyle and Chrissie. Both of them are so stubborn and play the cards close to their hearts. They are both weary of betrayals and wary in their interactions with other people. I was so happy to see them blossom as they journeyed through their troubles to end up as a couple.

Chrissie came across as being hesitant in her actions and it was worth it seeing her going on to becoming a confident person in her personal life. Kyle went from being closed off to a bit more involved person. His aloof character warmed up towards the end. The supporting cast of Chrissie's family literally had me feeling emotional with their familial bonding. I especially loved Chrissie's brothers' reactions to the scenes involving Kyle. They gave me the warm fuzzy feeling with all their open minded attitude and acceptance.

If the family part was well written with the right amount of feels, then the romance part was so hot and sensual that it literally had the pages up in flames. It had me fanning myself at times. As far as I was concerned, it got me to the end so soon. And the finale didn't disappoint at all. All in all, it was a very good read and it was a well spent few hours.

I voluntarily received an ARC from the author for reviewing purposes. This doesn't impact my review in any way.

My one line review : A sensual romance with a bit of familial bonding and surrogacy.

My rating : 5/5

My reread factor : 4/5

Floryie

No comments:

Post a Comment